Life Skills Programming provides student with access to opportunities and resources that have a general impact on preparation for future learning. There are many opportunities available for students in True Legends Foundation including, but not limited to the following:
- Community Service: Community service projects connect students to a larger world,
engaging them for the benefit of others (grades 3-12).
- Mentoring: Students have the opportunity to pair with a mentor to develop a supportive
and nonjudgmental relationship (grade 3-12).
- Speaker Series: The Speaker Series connects our families with leaders in the community
who have similar backgrounds and used education to shape their lives. Speaker series
events one to two times per year (grades 3-12).
- Camps: Students have the opportunity to apply to one of several camps that provide our
students with scholarship opportunities, self-enrichment, & social growth (grades 3-11).
- Internships: During the summer before senior year, students apply for local internships
that last up to six weeks. These internships provide students with valuable work
experience and may lead to summer job opportunities during college.
- Financial Literacy: Legendary students have the opportunity to participate in basic
financial literacy lessons with local finance companies or financial advisor
representatives, learning about such basic concepts as budgeting, saving,
debt, and credit (grades 6-10).